Electric scooters have been a revolution for daily riders. With ever-increasing environmental concerns and a rise in fuel rates, electric scooters are a saviour. EV scooters have been around us for quite a while now, and one question that often nags customers in the market is - how long is the electric scooter battery life? And this is obvious since the main power source for an electric scooter is the battery. So, in this article, we will find out the electric scooter long battery life in the market and what it means to have a long battery life. But before diving into that, let's understand what an electric scooter battery is and its relevance.
Electric scooter battery consists of many small-size powerhouses. The battery life of a scooter depends on these powerhouses, also known as battery cells. They are clustered together to form the electric scooter battery.
The three measurements that the manufacturers focus on while creating an electric scooter long battery life are: -
1. Voltage: It is the EMF or electromotive force, also defined as the potential difference between two points of the electrical field. It acts as a pressure that pushes charged electrons through a circuit. In the context of an electric scooter battery life, voltage indicates how fast the power can be unleashed. In the Indian market, the voltage range in batteries is from 20V to even 120V.
2. Charging capacity: It is the energy required to charge a battery. If the battery is of poor quality, it will have poor charging capacity and draw in more power than required to charge fully. The charging capacity is measured in Ampere hours (Ah).
3. Storage capacity: It indicates how much energy a battery can store in one charging cycle. It is measured in Watt-hours (Wh). The more the storage capacity, the better the electric scooter battery life.
There are typically 3 kinds of batteries that provide good electric scooters with long battery life. These are –
- Lead-acid batteries: These were the first generation of batteries to be used in an EV. They are cheap compared to their counterparts because of the low manufacturing cost. However, they have a low energy density, are quite bulky, and are not good for prolonged use.
- Lithium-ion batteries: These batteries have high energy density and can store more energy. Most of the EVs in the market are equipped with Lithium-ion batteries. But these cost higher than the lead ones. On the good side, Lectrix LXS have fast charging options, their discharge rate is too slow, and the battery have an 80% of life even after 3 yrs.
- Nickel metal hydride batteries: They are mostly used in hybrid vehicles and are very expensive. These batteries are safer than li-ion batteries since they are manufactured with fewer materials than Li-ion. However, Nickel metal hybrid batteries' charging time is slow, and storage is more.
With proper, timely maintenance, the lifespan of an electric scooter battery is around 800-1000 charge cycles in the Indian market. Here one cycle means "full charging of battery after it is completely discharged." For an average user, this means 2-3 years of usage before the battery dies out. The quality of a battery also affects its lifespan. Poor-quality batteries will last only a year, while good-quality batteries can last up to 5 years. An electric scooter's battery life also depends on the rider. If the rider travels frequently, its battery lifespan can be less than 2 years. Electric scooter's long battery life is dependent on temperature too. The suitable temperature for a battery to perform at its best is 20⁰C. Below 0⁰C and above 40⁰C, the battery starts to malfunction. So, a good cooling mechanism becomes necessary to enhance the electric scooter's battery life.
It is very important to understand the different types of batteries in the market to decide on the electric scooter battery life for your need. Luckily, we have got you covered. We provide the best option available in the market for the best price. We understand the priorities of our customers very well and can help you decide on the right battery that is safest, most reliable, and most suitable for you. Our engineers are constantly working with the latest, more advanced battery technologies to provide a maximum range of operability and reliability for our valuable customers. So, if you are looking for the best EV scooter in the market, check out our range today. An excellent electric scooter battery life makes all the difference in your journey. Allow us to be the ones to make that happen.
1. What are the benefits of electric scooters over conventional automobiles?
Electric scooters have many advantages compared to other modes of transportation. They emit no pollutants, the operating costs of electric vehicles are less than half those of gasoline-powered automobiles, and they are simpler to drive. Electric scooters are more agile than bikes or cars and can fit through narrow areas. Electric scooters are a pleasure to ride in urban settings and are quite simple. In addition, they are much quieter than their gas-powered counterparts.
2. What is the carried payload of Lectrix's LXS?
The Lectrix's LXS can carry up to 150 Kg of payload. In addition, it has a rugged build and stylish finish for an enhanced riding experience.
3. How does an electric scooter work?
The electricity that powers electric scooters is stored in a battery. This battery powers a wheel-drive motor. When you move the throttle, the motor receives an electronic signal to start the motor, and you are good to go for a ride.
4. How fast are Lectrix electric scooters on the road?
The top speed of the Lectrix electric scooter LXS is 55km/h; for SX25, it is 25km/h, and for ECityZip, it is 45km/h.
5. Can I charge Lectrix electric scooter at home?
You can easily charge the Lectrix electric scooter comfortably at home with 15 Ampere fast charger (based on the model you have chosen)
6. Where can I buy the best electric scooter online?
You can check the range of electric scooters per your requirements on Lectrixev.com. Lectrix has a wide range of EV scooters at affordable prices.